Quality care of our patients is our priority. Please take a few minutes to review our no-show policy. If you hve any questions, please let us know.
Definitions of a "No-Show" Appointment
HHS defines a "No-Show" appointment as any shceduled appointment in which the patient either:
- Does not arrive to the appointment
- Cancels with less than 24 hours notice
- Arrives more than 15 minutes late and is consequently unable to be seen
Impact of a "No-Show" Appointment
"No-Show" appointments have a significant negative impact on our practice and the healthcare we provide to our patients. When a patient "no-shows" for a scheduled appointment it:
- Potentially jeopardizes the health of the "no-showing" patient
- Is unfair to other patients that could have taken the appointment slot
- Disrespects not only the provider's time, but also the time of the entire staff
How to Avoid Getting a "No-Show"
1. Confirm your appointment.
HHS will attempt to contact you two business days before your scheduled appointment to confirm your visit. If we are unable to speak with you and have to leave a message, you will need to contact HHS to confirm your appointment.
2. Arrive 5-10 minutes early.
When you schedule an office visit with us, we expect you to arrive at our practives 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled visit. This allows time for you and our staff to address any insurance or billing questions and/or to complete any necessary paperowkr before the shceduled visit. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, you will be considered a "no-show" and you will not be able to be seen.
3. Give 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or re-schedule an appointment.
When you need to cancel or re-schedule an appointment, we expect you to contact our office no later than 24 hours before the scheduled visit. This allows us a reasonable amount of time to determine the most appropriate way to reschedule your care as well as giving us the opportunity to fill the now vacant appointment slot with another patient. If it is less than 24 hours before your appointment and something comes up, please give us the courtesy of a phone call. (Please note that this cenellation will still be considered a "no-show".)
Consequences of "No-Show" Appointments
1. You may be charged a $25.00 fee for "no-show" appointments.
2. If you fail to keep appointments for routine follow-up care, your medications will not be refilled until you are seen by your provider.
3. If you "no-show" to 3 or more appointments within a year, you may be dismissed from our practice.
- If you are dismissed from our practice, your remaining appointments will be cancelled.
Only emergency medical/dental treatment will be offered within the first 30 days of dismissal.